“Modern dentistry is a profound failure. The enormity of suffering and disease caused by dentistry is so massive that it is beyond comprehension.”
“High speed drilling creates high friction and raises the temperature of the tooth nerve, causing irreversible nerve damage in 60% of cases.”
A Comprehensive Guide to Tooth Decay
I was floored by the amount of information contained in Cure Tooth Decay. I honestly did not expect to learn so much about what makes teeth healthy and why tooth decay happens. I was also surprised how little I really knew about dental health. Reading about the process of how teeth remineralize was absolutely fascinating.
For years, dentists have been treating teeth as if they are separate from the rest of the body. And perhaps this is the greatest mistake concerning the health of our teeth and gums.
“If you have tooth decay, you are presumably deficient in vitamins A and D.”
“A malfunctioning thyroid gland also plays a role in producing tooth decay and gum disease because the thyroid plays a role in maintaining blood calcium levels.”
“All you need to do to heal cavities is understand Nature’s rules for health, and then follow them. When you follow these rules, the built-in ability for your teeth to heal will take over.”
Nagel goes into great detail in Cure Tooth Decay about all of the ways our diet can affect the health of our teeth and gums. He offers plenty of practical and specific directions for healing tooth decay.
But he does manage to avoid sounding preachy and rigid in his suggestions. While he admits that those with extensive tooth damage will probably need to follow the stricter approach, he fully embraces the idea that you should do what works and what feels right for you as an individual. He also offers meal ideas and suggestions for eating out. He even provides details for a “One-Amazing-Meal-A-Day” protocol that can be really helpful for those need a stepping stone into the world of nourishing food.
Final Thoughts on Cure Tooth Decay
There is honestly so much good information packed in this book that it’s impossible for me to even come close to summarizing it in a blog post. I’m pretty sure that tomorrow I’m going to think of a hundred things I forgot to mention. Here’s some more topics Nagel covers in Cure Tooth Decay:
- Weston A. Price’s original tooth decay curing protocol
- How teeth remineralize
- Blood sugar regulation and tooth decay
- Why healthy gums matter (and how to heal your gums)
- What causes plaque and calculus deposits
- Toxicity of mercury fillings and fluoride treatments
- Safe filling materials
- How to find a good dentist
- How your dental palate affects your health
- Alternatives to braces
- Safe tooth whitening
- Healing your children’s teeth (from infants to older children)
Read more reviews of Cure Tooth Decay here. Or you can check out the official Cure Tooth Decay web site at www.curetoothdecay.com. If you’re looking for sources for the nutrient dense foods and supplements that can help cure tooth decay, check out my resources page.
Want more book reviews? Check out my other reviews below:
- Fat Politics by J. Eric Oliver
- Gut and Psychology Syndrome by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride
- The Coconut Miracle by Bruce Fife
- The Magnesium Miracle by Carolyn Dean
- The Detox Book by Bruce Fife
- The Gabriel Method by Jon Gabriel
- Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes
- Adrenal Fatigue by James Wilson
- The Schwarzbein Principle (the entire series) by Diana Schwarzbein
- The Mood Cure by Julia Ross
- Eat Fat, Lose Fat by Mary Enig and Sally Fallon
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. All opinions are my own. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated!