Ready to live nourished? Subscribe for FREE email updates!

plus you'll get a copy of my free eBook "Emotional Eating Myths and Solutions"

Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe

Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe

Pumpkins. They’re great for carving scary faces and decorating around the Thanksgiving table. But mostly I love to eat them. Pass me some pumpkin bread and a slice of pumpkin pie. Gimme the pumpkin lattes and the pumpkin cheesecake ice cream. That spicy sweet flavor just sums up the essence of autumn in a mouthful.

So pumpkin oatmeal raisin cookies? Well, that’s just what happens when someone who loves pumpkin decides to make cookies in September. It was inevitable. And inevitably delicious.

These are pretty traditional oatmeal cookies with a twist of pumpkin and a dash of warming spices that bring to mind autumn leaves, harvest time and golden memories. And forget those fake scented candles. These cookies will make your kitchen smell divine.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe

yields about 36 cookies

Ingredients:

Click here to shop for coconut oil and other quality ingredients in the Marketplace.

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
  3. Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl until they reach a creamy consistency. Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
  4. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
  5. Fold oats and raisins into batter.
  6. Drop 1-2 tablespoons of batter for each cookie onto a stainless steel baking sheet (line with parchment paper for easy cleanup!).
  7. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
  8. Cool and serve (with a tall glass of fresh milk or apple cider if you’d like!).

More Yummy Pumpkin Recipes:

Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

+1 this Post here:

40 Responses to Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe

1. Reyne says:

Can these cookies be made with a non gluten flour?

2. nichele says:

We dont do wheat flour . What else would work?

3. Lisa G says:

What about Oat Flour?

4. graciegrace says:

Use coconut flour!!

5. Moira says:

I’m going to unsubscribe to your newsletters as I am not interested in so many sweet recipes – cookies, cakes, etc. I am not a big fan and certainly don’t need any more of that category.

• Sorry to see you go, Moira! I don’t actually post very many recipes on the blog, but I’m sorry if you’ve felt flooded–I know the feeling! Hope you keep in touch.

• Kathleen Keillor says:

And you could have bowed out quietly. Perhaps an attitude change might be more appropriate than a dietary one.

• Kim says:

Moira wasn’t rude. I think it’s helpful (though possibly disappointing) to those who have web sites such as this to get feedback of both types so they know what readers are (or aren’t) looking for. It’s unnecessary to accuse someone of having an attitude problem for posting something like this. Sure, she COULD have just left and said nothing. But you could also have just let the comment slide as it had nothing to do with you.

• I am a reader who appreciates your effort for posting this recipe, and for providing alernatives within it. Products that are available in the US (like coconut derivatives) are not available world-wide. In addition, while some readers may be looking for healthy low-sugar, low-fat recipes, there are those of us who are looking for the opposite due to the nutritional needs of certains illnesses, like CF.

• Donna says:

Hi there,
      You could very politely unsubscribe to her newsletter rather than being this rude and disrespectful toward her, bashing her in public. She is making these free recipes available to all of us on the internet so at least appreciate the effort.
      And look at how politely she responses to your rudeness…

6. Tiffany says:

I’m gluten free as well and I’d use Bob’s Red Mill Sweet White Rice Flour. Love the stuff (makes awsome cornbread). Mostly make my own bread from Maninis multiuse ancient grain flour and this would work as well.

7. Sue says:

Elizabeth I wish you didn’t take such awesome pics. I want one right this minute!! :D
    My husband is also going to love these- thanks!!!

8. stella says:

The pictures looks like there are nuts, or white chocolate in the cookies. I’m not a big raisin fan in cookies (long story), so I will remove them and add some walnuts. These look very tempting, and I can’t wait to try them.

• Those are the oats showing through. Nuts are a great idea–you can also do chocolate chips instead of raisins.

• Kim says:

I can’t do much in the way of recipes like this either, but I think caramel or butterscotch chips might be a better choice with the pumpkin, oats, and spices than chocolate for this particular recipe. Just my 2 cents… :)

9. Lisa says:

That is one pretty cookie. Your work is beautiful

10. Kathleen Keillor says:

Elizabeth…..you were very kind and gracious to that person who left a rude comment and then your blog. That was awesome; your Jesus was showing!! ;)
    I love your site and can’t wait to try these! Yea, your pictures are pretty incredible. ;)

11. Melissa Haswell says:

Elizabeth,

These cookies are awesome!! I left out the raisins so that I could share them with my pup (yes she is spoiled!). I am going to try adding some chopped raw pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries next time or maybe put a maple cream on them…the possibilities are endless! Thank you!!

Melissa

12. Amanda says:

Have you tried soaking the flour and oats? Wondering if it would turn out.

13. Jennifer Menard says:

I was wondering if the flour has to be “sprouted” wheat flour? Can it be regular wheat flour or sweet rice flour? Are there any other kinds of flours that would also work? I just found this recipe & I’m very much excited to try this recipe. Thanks for this recipe & any info you could share on flour substitutes. :)
    Sincere Thanks!
    ~Jennifer

14. Kiki says:

Those cookies look astonishing. Have you ever tried replacing the pumpkin puree with sweet potato puree? If so, how was it? Thanks for the recipe.

15. Alison says:

I love these cookies I made them with spelt flour and subed coconut oil for butter? Really good !

16. Alison says:

I have never used soaked or sprouted flour. Can it be soaked and sprouted after purchasing whole wheat flour, or would it be better to purchase flour that had already been prepared?

• I haven’t tried this recipe with soaking first. Sprouted flour can be soaked, but I usually use sifted Einkorn flour because most (but not all) of the bran and germ are sifted out, which removes a lot of potential irritants and anti-nutrients. It’s just simpler for me that way.