Pumpkins. They’re great for carving scary faces and decorating around the Thanksgiving table. But mostly I love to eat them. Pass me some pumpkin bread and a slice of pumpkin pie. Gimme the pumpkin lattes and the pumpkin cheesecake ice cream. That spicy sweet flavor just sums up the essence of autumn in a mouthful.
So pumpkin oatmeal raisin cookies? Well, that’s just what happens when someone who loves pumpkin decides to make cookies in September. It was inevitable. And inevitably delicious.
These are pretty traditional oatmeal cookies with a twist of pumpkin and a dash of warming spices that bring to mind autumn leaves, harvest time and golden memories. And forget those fake scented candles. These cookies will make your kitchen smell divine.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
yields about 36 cookies
- 2 cups sprouted wheat flour or Einkorn wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (you can use coconut oil instead)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar (organic light brown sugar will also work)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (or about 1/2 of a 15-ounce can of organic pumpkin)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned cut oats
- 1 cup organic raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl until they reach a creamy consistency. Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold oats and raisins into batter.
- Drop 1-2 tablespoons of batter for each cookie onto a stainless steel baking sheet (line with parchment paper for easy cleanup!).
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool and serve (with a tall glass of fresh milk or apple cider if you’d like!).
More Yummy Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Souffle (Grain, Dairy and Nut Free)
- Paleo Pumpkin Granola
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Honey Maple Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Frosting
+1 this Post here:
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. All opinions are my own. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated!
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.