Did you know your kitchen is stocked with natural skincare products? Try these seven foods you can use for natural skincare:
Rub a fresh lemon wedge into your skin to soften, lighten and remove blackheads.
2. Olive Oil
Remove makeup by massaging olive oil into your skin for 1-2 minutes. Wash away with hot water and a washcloth (use soap if desired, but it’s not necessary). Reapply a tiny amount of olive oil if your skin needs extra moisture, focusing around the eyes and mouth. (Order high quality olive oil HERE.)
Grind oats in a blender, food processor or coffee grinder. Use as an extra gentle exfoliating scrub.
Yogurt makes a wonderful facial mask all by itself! The lactic acid softens and soothes the skin.
A honey face mask is another soothing mask for your skin. It especially calms redness and blemishes. Find more recipes for honey face masks here.
Eggs are for facials, too! Whipped egg whites are perfect for tightening pores and deep cleaning the skin. Egg yolks are full of vitamins and essential fats to nourish the skin.
Sugar isn’t so bad for your skin! On those days you need extra exfoliation, a gentle sugar scrub will leave your skin feeling soft and fresh.
Try these food-based natural skincare recipes:
- Whipped Coconut Oil Body Butter
- Homemade Lemon Hand Scrub
- The Best Homemade Toner for Acne Prone Skin
- Homemade Firming Eye Cream
- Natural Acne Spot Treatments that Actually Work
- Anti-Aging Blueberry Enzyme Facial Mask
- Homemade Tinted Lip Balm
- The Secret to Actually Enjoying Your Life - May 22, 2017
- 35 DIY Natural Cleaning Recipes for EVERYTHING - April 27, 2017
- GIVEAWAY: My Favorite Essential Oil Collection + Diffuser - February 15, 2017
- Easy DIY Granite Cleaner Recipe - January 26, 2017
- DIY Eyelash Growth Serum Recipe - January 7, 2017